The Polk County Extension 4-H program is offering a number of summer classes for local youth ages 5-18.
4-H Agent Helen Blackwell has been the leader in Polk County for more than 20 years and has become a much-beloved mentor to area youth.
Available classes include:
- 4-H Goat Project (ages 7 and up)
- Career Development (ages 11-14)
- Cloverbud Exploration (ages 5-7)
- Beginner Rabbit Husbandry (ages 8 and up)
- In Your Backyard (ages 9-13)
- Summer Cooking Class (ages 9 and up)
- STEM Exploration (ages 8-13)
A registration form for the programs is available online.
If you have any questions about the 4-H programs, please reach out to Agent Helen Blackwell by phone or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or 828-894-8218. Information is also available at the Polk County Extension Office website.