A number of Polk County Schools staff and faculty members have been nominated for the NC School Heroes contest.
The contest is designed to “celebrate everyday people impacting the lives of students.” Ten nominees will be selected as NC School Heroes, winning $10,000 for themselves as well as $10,000 for their school.
Nominees from Polk County include:
- Leann Wilson, Polk Central Elementary
- Karen Twitty, Polk County High
- Jane Ollis, Tryon Elementary
- Brentley Harris, Saluda Elementary
- Karen Prady, Tryon Elementary
- Shannon Harris, Polk County Middle School
- Angie Upton, Tryon Elementary
- Chip Cash, Sunny View Elementary
- Bridget Franklin, Sunny View Elementary
The public can take part in voting in the contest at the NC School Heroes website. Voting runs through March 31 and users are allowed to vote once per day.