Polk County Schools families will have a chance to meet the teachers of their children – as allowed by the global coronavirus pandemic – during a series of events on Thursday.
Several schools in the district have events planned for Thursday evening in advance of the first day of classes on Monday, August 24.
Those events include:
- Polk Central Elementary: Meet The Teacher, 3:30-5:30 p.m, for grades 2-5. Pre-K, Kindergarten and first grade students will meet their teachers during individual conference times this week. Teachers will be calling parents in the next few days to schedule these appointments.
- Polk County High School: Freshman Orientation, 5-7 p.m. Visit polkschools.org/pchs for more information.
- Polk County Middle School: Chromebook Distribution and Information Session for Remote Learners, 2-6 p.m. All remote learners are encouraged to come by and pick up important information needed to begin remote classes.
- Saluda Elementary: Beep and Meet, 4-6 p.m. Although families are asked not to get out of their cars, staff will pass through the car window an individual yellow folder with enrollment information, facemasks and classroom and school information. It is very important that students bring the completed forms back in the yellow folder on the first day of school; there is a Health Attestation form that needs to be on file for that first day. If families would like to drop off their child’s school supplies through the car window during the Beep and Meet, that is fine.
- Sunny View Elementary: Meet The Teacher, 4-6 p.m. Each grade will have times for arrival – those will be posted on school Facebook page.
- Tryon Elementary: Trunk & Meet, 4-6 p.m., for grades 1-5. Preschool & Kindergarten teachers will be contacting parents to set up an alternative way of meeting the teacher and getting classroom information. This will be a drive-thru event where families can stop at their teacher’s trunk to say hello and drop-off school supplies. Teachers will also be handing out important info and a pack of masks for each student that will be attending face to face. Remote learners are encouraged to come by as well to meet their teacher and receive classroom information.